URBAN ACTIVATION PRECINCTS
Although Caringbah and Miranda have been withdrawn due to community objections from the State Governments Urban Activation Precinct Program. Council voted to retain Sutherland, Kirrawee
and Loftus as an Urban Activation Precinct.
These areas are expected to be subject to:
- Extensive rezoning of single dwellings for high rise, high density development to be carried out by the State Government.
- Residents will have
no say on what scale of development eventuates
- Development proposals will not be advertised
- Neighbours will not be notified
- No Objections will be allowed
- These rezonings will be in addition to those in Council’s LEP.
CURRENT ISSUES MADE WORSE BY NEW PLANNING CHANGES
- Traffic and parking congestion.
- Air Quality.
- Lack of public open space
- Reduction in attractiveness of public areas.
- Decrease in single
dwellings for families near transport.
- Intrusive developments which reduce privacy.
- Downgrading of quality of life.